Friday, October 29, 2010

FINDING YOUR PURPOSE!

There is inherent power in purpose. Purpose is to man what to swim is to the fish. The dog is to bark, the lion to roar, the snail is to crawl, the oceans are to flow, the sun is to shine, the bird is to fly, the rains to fall, the trees to give shade, the thunder is to strike, the UN is to seek peace for the nations of the world, the king is to rule, the people are to follow and obey.

Purpose is the reason for existence
Purpose is the reason for being
Purpose is the why of creation
Purpose is the cause for being

In my last piece to you our wonderful readers, I wrote on the topic: “Finding your passion”. Today, I have a follow up piece which I have titled: ‘finding your purpose’.

Passion is that thing in you that excites you that excites you, drives you and stimulates you. Passion is that one thing that you love the most to do always without getting tired or becoming bored.

Purpose is who you were born to become what you are passionate about is an indication of what you were born to become**.

For example you love to paint, you become a painter, you love to sing you become a singer, you love to compose songs, you become a composer, you love to preach, you become a preacher, you love to speak, you become a speaker,  you love to write, you become a writer, you love to calculate, you become a mathematician, you love to bake, you become a baker, you love to make clothes, you become a fashion designer, you love to teach, you become a teacher, you love to act you become an actor, you love to joke around you become a comedian, you love to play an instrument you become a musician, you love to study, you become a professor, you love to lead, you become a leader, you love to criticize, you become a social critic, you love to think, you become a philosopher, you love to study people and situations, you become a psychologist , you love to heal, you become a doctor, you love to organize and galvanize people in a democratic setting, you become a politician. Whatever you love to do most is an indication of who you were born to become.

Your innate passion is an indication of your ordained purpose. To discover your purpose in life, first unravel your passion. Once you have been able to discover your innate passion, you will be able to discover your life’s purpose.

You never become fulfilled in life until you discover who were born to become and become it. The passion in you is the seed that grows to become your purpose. Your passion gives direction to your purpose.
Your passion is the seed that births your purpose. In life, purpose gives you;
Ø  Direction
Ø  Focus
Ø  Fulfillment
Ø  Peace
Ø  Power
Ø  Significance
Ø  Fame
Ø  Fortune
Ø  A legacy.

Remember, my job is to inspire you as I am inspired.

Take my life’s story as an example; I studied sciences in school, because I believed I was an all-round student and by the time I got to the university, I had majored in physics-education even though I had no love for the sciences. I preferred to write and write and write. I always kept a journal and wrote down happenings around me. Because I did not follow my innate passion which is writing, I was unable to really excel in my chosen field of work. Do not get me wrong, I was ok on the job, but I never shone!

However, I discovered that whenever I wrote and shared my thoughts with people, they were impressed and inspired. Writing for me is innate and it’s my no.1 passion. Today, I am happier, more excited and more energized because I became who I was born to become.

There is more to me than writing, but writing gives me joy, satisfaction and peace. It’s like my own little creation from my own creative world. By writing and inspiring people, Iam [ word(s) misin here?] which is what I love, Iam simply fulfilling my life’s purpose? Life for me is a joy not a bore, a gift, not a curse; it’s a blast, not a blow.

Today, I would like you to take stock of your life; by asking yourself two questions,

The first is; ‘what do you love doing most?’ and the second one is; ‘What am I to accomplish with my passion?’

When you answer these two questions, and you begin to reorder your life to pursue your passion and fulfill your purpose, then and only then can you claim to be living your best life now and not merely existing.

Please do not waste away on a job that does not give you pleasure, life’s too short not to have it all. You can live a life of meaning, significance and worth when you unlock your greatest potential; your passion and your purpose. Discover it today and begin a new life of grace, glory and greatness.
           
Till I come your way again, remember, a bird that does not fly is a chicken and a river that does not flow is a breading ground for mosquitoes.
           
Find your purpose, fulfill your mission. You are an eagle, SOAR, for the sky belongs to you!!
Copyright @ VICTORIA PRAISE ABRAHAM.OCTOBER 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment